William P. Stafford II
Will is a lifelong resident of Mercer County and represents the fifth generation of his family committed to community service in Mercer County and Southern West Virginia. Will serves on numerous community and charitable organizations and foundations.
Will is a graduate of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia. While in undergraduate school, he was a member of the Virginia Tech Corp of Cadets. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. He received his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Washington & Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia.
Will serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer of First Community Bankshares, Inc., and Chairman of the Board of Directors of First Community Bank, the corporation’s banking subsidiary.
Will concentrates in the areas of commercial transactions, banking, creditor’s rights, creditor bankruptcy, and general business and commercial law.
Areas of Practice
- Business & Commercial Law
- Creditor’s Rights
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Law
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1990
- West Virginia-1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 1992
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law, 1990
- Honors: Cum Laude Virginia
- B.S.M.E., Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1983 – 1989 | Member
- Mercer County Bar Association | Member
- West Virginia State Bar | Member
- Virginia State Bar | Member
Bar & Court Admissions
- 1990 to Present Virginia State Bar
- 1991 to Present West Virginia State Bar
- 1992 to 1999 District of Columbia Bar (inactive)
- 1990 to Present United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- 1991 to Present United States District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- 1992 to Present United States District Court, Western District of Virginia